Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why Progressives always lose.

One of my biggest faults is my continued belief in progressive politics. Since the player on my team always seem well read and educated, I consistently underestimate their ability to be manipulated into believing that a conservative is a progressive.

Many of my friends are currently angry with our president and for what? Barack Obama hasn't disappointed me because I actually listened to what he said in the 2008 campaign . It's the people who didn't listen to what he said that are disappointed.

Now I just watched Move-On Dot Org raise tons of money for conservative candidates in Pennsylvania and Arkansas to oust two older conservative candidates. because they think the new candidates are somehow on the left.

I know the simpleton talking heads keep saying Sestak and Halter are on the left. But that's mostly because they are getting funds from groups like Move On.

Halter is hardly a liberal. He wouldn't have survived in a state like Arkansas if he was. And Joe Sestak is actually to the right of Arlen Specter. Plus, he's a jerk who mistreats his staff to boot. But Move On Dot Org didn't research Sestak and Halter because they were so busy hating on Specter and Blanche Lincoln.

That's pretty typical of Move On, a bunch of Silicon Valley activists types who learned how to raise money on the Internet before anyone else and who have never taken the time to learn anything about politics. Not only that but they're bullies and creeps to boot.

Unfortunately, they're early success has continued to make them a name to be reckoned with despite their lack of any real credentials in politics.

I don't know what will happen in the fall, but from the looks of it the Dems will once again shoot themselves in the foot. With a lot of help from progressive activists.

No comments:

Post a Comment